[OpenLayers-Users] Caching layerimages by browsers

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Wed Mar 3 08:22:05 EST 2010

Hi,

  If you're using Apache, you could use mod_expires :
  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_expires.html

  If you're using fixed scales/resolutions in your application, you
might be interested in caching the WMS images generated directly on the
server using a "cache" server such as TileCache :
  http://tilecache.org/

Regards

Alexandre

Dipl. Inf. Carsten Eider wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> while examining my WMS-Servers logs i was surpprised by the amount of
> WMS-requests I found within.
> Using Firefox and Firebug i recognized, that the tiles were not cached
> by the browser, i.e.
> each time they came into the viewport of the map they were re-requested!
>
> Is there a way to use cached images by the browser instead of requesting
> them time and again?
>
> THX
> Carsten

Alexandre Dubé