[OpenLayers-Users] zoomToExtent

Christoph Lingg christoph at lingg.eu
Sat Mar 6 13:07:53 EST 2010

Hello everybody,

I use OpenLayers to display vector features in a layer. After adding features i use zoomToExtent to zoom the map to these features. This works of course perfectly.

On my map i display ui elements on the top and left side that might cover parts of my features. That is why I would like to zoom my features to be displayed just in a sub-area of the total map size. My first approach was to extend the bounds of my features artificially but i couldn't get a satisfying solution.

Might you have better ideas?

Thank you very much,
Christoph