[OpenLayers-Users] Layer.Grid.destroy() and Google Chrome

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Mon Mar 8 13:02:58 EST 2010

Hi all

I'm currently trying to test OpenLayers for an application with a
catalogue search interface. The layer which is queried is based on
PostGIS and retrieved from OL as WMS layer based on Mapserver/MapScript.
The search parameters chosen by the user are defining dynamically the
filter for the layer on the server.

This requires the layer to be completely refreshed and reloaded again
from the server after a change of search parameters. The only
possibility to force a complete refresh I found was to use the
Layer.destroy() method (for Grid based layers) since this should clear
the grid. The docs state it should "Deconstruct the layer and clear the
grid.". After the destroy the layer is created again and added to the map.

This works fine for Firefox and IE, but in Google Chrome this destroy()
seems not to clear the grid. In Chrome the tiles remain the same and are
not requested again from the server.

Did anybody already notice such a behaviour as well? Could I try to use
other methods to refresh/clear the layer grid?

Best regards
Armin