[OpenLayers-Users] Open Layers Selection Methods

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at osgis.nl
Thu Mar 11 09:44:27 EST 2010

SelectFeature only works on OpenLayers.Layer.Vector. So vector layers only, no image layers.

I think what you are looking for is OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo, but the real drill-down (on several services) is only available in OpenLayers trunk, see:

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2091

Ofcourse this will only work for services that support WMS (and the GetFeatureInfo request).

Best regards,
Bart