[OpenLayers-Users] Popup bug/problem when popup causes the map to pan

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Mar 11 23:56:05 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have a problem when I open a popup that causes the map to pan so it
fits on the view, that popup seems to be damaged because when you
manually try to close it by the close box it throws a JS error.

This can be reproduced here:

http://imaptools.com:8080/tilecache/test.html?zoom=17&lat=33.89595&lon=35.49935&layers=BT

1) load the page and pan slightly to work around feature load bug
2) click left most tool on the tool bar
3) click POI near middle of view
4) click another POI and first closes
5) click a POI on the right edge of the view that will cause the map to pan
6) now click a POI on the middle of the view and the last popup will not
close
7) now close both popups, the one that caused the pan will throw an error

in fact this can be simplified to just open any popup that causes the
map to pan and then close it and it throws an error.

So I'm thinking this is an OL bug because everything works ok except if
the map pans, and I'm not sure that I do anything that interacts with that.

Can you confirm this?
Should I write a bug?
Any thoughts on a work-around?

Thanks,