[OpenLayers-Users] Success! and one minor quirk :)

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Mar 17 01:30:25 EDT 2010

Hi Eric and all,

Thank you for your time and advice on this project, I think I finally
have almost everything working. There is still some clean up to do and a
few quirks that I'm not sure about. Oh and I need to add a user login so
different users edits are kept separate, but that is just some minor
coding at this point. Currently all edits are made to a test user table.

http://imaptools.com:8080/tilecache/test.html?zoom=17&lat=33.89595&lon=35.49935&layers=BT

So the one major annoyance left which I'm not sure what the issue is, is
that, if I edit POI and say change its "type" or its "name" fields the
POI on the vector layer should be destroyed and the new feature added
back into the layer. This is in fact happening, BUT the display of the
feature is not getting updated! until I click on the POI again.

For example:

1) click left most tool
2) select the "TEST" (or any) POI near the center of the viewport
3) change its type and/or its name
4) click [Save]
5) notice the POI has not changed
6) click it once and it changes
7) click it again and the popup opens

the protocol callback function is at line 422 of test.html and seems to
be doing the right thing except updating the layer when the a feature is
updated. I thought maybe it was related to the select feature control,
but formAction() does unselect the feature. I'm obviously missing
something here.

Any thoughts on this one?

Many thanks as always,
   -Steve