[OpenLayers-Users] Event "featureunhighlighted" not triggered

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Wed Mar 17 15:51:43 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Olivier THIERRY
<olivier.thierry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a vector layer with two SelectFeature controls : one is used
> for selection, the other is used to show a popup.
> It works well except for one case : if I select an element in the
> vector, then I move the mouse to this element, the
> "featurehighlighted" event is fired, but on mouse out the
> "featureunhighlighted" event is not fired !

This is expected, although it's not clear to me whether this the
wished behavior.

1. mouse click on the feature -> control 1 selects the feature
2. mouse over the feature -> control 2 highlights the feature ->
"featurehighlighted" triggers
3. mouse out of feature -> control 2 detects that another control
(control 1) had highlighted the feature before it highlighted it
itself, so it uses that control to highlight the feature the way it
was highlighted before it highlighted it itself ->
"featureunhighlighted" does not trigger

Do you (or others) think we should trigger "featureunhighlighted"
after the call to theOtherControl.highlight()?

See attached patch (untested).

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS