[OpenLayers-Users] GWT + Openlayers - WFSProtocol - WFS version 1.1.0 does not work

paweluz paweluz at o2.pl
Fri Mar 19 03:25:31 EDT 2010

Hi!

I am using GWT with Openlayetrs 2.8. My goal is to save, delete and modify
object from Web Browser. I am using for that Vector layer with WFSProtocol.
I wrote 'save strategy' class for vector layer, because it has not been
included into GWT-OL library yet. When I try to save some features to the
database I got in firebug error:

   <ServiceException>
      java.lang.RuntimeException: Parsing failed for the_geom:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.LineString cannot
be cast to
com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.MultiLineString
Parsing failed for the_geom: java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.LineString cannot be cast to
com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.MultiLineString
com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.LineString cannot be cast to
com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.MultiLineString
</ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>

I was thinking that maybe I have done some mistakes when I create new
classes but it was not that.

I know why is that. The reason is that I use version of WFS 1.0.0 in
declaration of wfsProtocolOptions but in this version that kind of error
happens when you try to add LineString geometry to MultiLineString. This was
fixed in wfs 1.1.0 but unfortunately when I change the version of
WFSprotocol to 1.1.0 my Vector layer does not appear on the map - IT DOES
NOT WORK. Why is that?? How come version 1.1.0 of WFS does not work in
GWT-OL (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gwt-openlayers/)

I have also checked everything in pure JS. In version 1.0.0 of WFSProtocol I
got this same error, but when I change the version to 1.1.0 everything work
just fine. The new geometry was added to the database, and of course I can
see my vector layer on the map.

Did anyone have this kinds of problems?

Regards,
Poul