[OpenLayers-Users] getting Feature Info data directly from .shp files

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 06:42:56 EDT 2010

Dear friends,

I want to implement Feature Info Popup using Openlayers.But since there is
no free WMS from where I can get data in the form of text I need to get the
data from shape(.shp) files.
Previously I was doing it by putting the .shp into DB.
Now I need to get the data directly from .shp files.Is it possible to get
the data directly from .shp using mapserver.

If yes how to get it?
Pls reply soon.

Thanks.