[OpenLayers-Users] Get Feature Info in pop up working example

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 01:28:10 EDT 2010

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

There are a few doubts about the code:

1) If you taken a single lonlat and then made a bounding box(BBOX) by doing
+- 10.
But what if I want to get the feature info of just one point.What will be
the url in that case?

2) The url is "var regc =
"http://ws-esrimt/arcgis/services/mapservice_asurequality_prod/MapServer/WMSServer?service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetFeatureInfo&QUERY_LAYERS=2&INFO_FORMAT=text/plain&SRS=EPSG:2193&BBOX="
+ bbox1 + "," + bbox2 + "," + bbox3 + "," + bbox4 +
"&WIDTH=20&HEIGHT=20&X=10&Y=10";"

  It seems from the url that you r using ARCGIS with Mapserver. But if I am
using
only mapserver with openlayers then what is the url?

3) HOw do I make a layers queryable in the map file? What r the extra things
I need to specify?

Pls reply soon.