[OpenLayers-Users] WFS layer - commit works, save strategy from WFSProtocol does not work!!!! POST vs GET ?!?!

paweluz paweluz at o2.pl
Mon Mar 22 07:27:41 EDT 2010

Hi!
I have a really strange problem. At the beginning I was thinking that it was
Geoserver fault, or maybe Postgis but now I think this is Openlayers fault.

At first I was using WFS layer, I had implemented insert, update, delete and
modify functions and everything was was working just great. But since WFS
layer

is deprecated, I started using vector layer with WFSProtocol. And it does
not work!!!

With WFS layer I use something like this
feature.state = OpenLayers.State.INSERT;
mylayes.commit();

In this case my data was successfully in the database.

In Vector layer I used WFSProtocol. Now when I do :
saveStrategy.save();

But I got response in the firebug.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ows:ExceptionReport version="1.0.0"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/schemas/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd"
xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows">
  <ows:Exception exceptionCode="InvalidParameterValue">
    <ows:ExceptionText>Error performing insert</ows:ExceptionText>
  </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

Can anyone please explain to me this. How come WFS.commit() works but
savestrategy does not? I know for sure that my code in openlayers is wright.
You may

see it in my previous topic:
http://n2.nabble.com/SaveStrategy-does-not-work-WFSProtocol-with-Vector-Layer-PROBLEM-WITH-POSTGIS-td4762666.html#a4762666

Maybe the reason is that WFS layer use just GET method, and Vector Layer
(WFSProtocol) uses POST method... Can anyone please help me??

The log file from the geoserver you may find at the end of this topic:

http://n2.nabble.com/SaveStrategy-does-not-work-WFSProtocol-with-Vector-Layer-PROBLEM-WITH-POSTGIS-td4762666.html#a4762666

BTW. I am using Geoserver 2.0.1 and OpenLayers 2.8

Regards,
Poul