[OpenLayers-Users] getting Feature Info data directly from .shp files

bwoodall bwoodall at bwoodall.org
Mon Mar 22 16:03:24 EDT 2010

Howdy,

I think you might find the following example able to answer most of your
questions.

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/getfeatureinfo-popup.html

as for other questions, there is nothing like looking ino the code which
in this case is lib/OpenLayers/Control/WMSGetFeatureInfo.js

you will find;
            /**
             * Property: layers
             * {Array(<OpenLayers.Layer.WMS>)} The layers to query for feature info.
             *     If omitted, all map WMS layers with a url that matches this <url> or
             *     <layerUrl> will be considered.
             */
            layers: null,