[OpenLayers-Users] WFS layer - commit works, save strategy from WFSProtocol does not work!!!! POST vs GET ?!?!

paweluz paweluz at o2.pl
Mon Mar 22 16:21:49 EDT 2010

Hi Tim!

Thanks a lot for your help! I am going to try it tomorrow at work, and see
if it works... As far as I undestand the handlerOptions: {multi: true} tells
if the data are saved as multi or not multi... am I right??
Al this time I was thinking that WFS Web Servis version 1.1.0 is able to
transform the geometry in the wright way (the way they are saved in the
database). So now... for example if write some application and give it to
the client. He will create his own new table in the database... I have to be
careful and write 6 cases?
- geometry Point multi
- geometry Point
- geometry Poligon multi
- geometry Point
- geometry Line multi
- geometry Line
I have to check what kind is used in the database (what type is the
geometry, not only the point, poligon, or line but also multi or not) and
use the correct one... I was making my application based on the
wfs-protocol-transaction... but I actually did take much care on the Draw
options... I was more carefull with the Protolcol definition (featureNS,
src....), not so much on the draw options...
Thanks a lot for your help... I was warry that it may be a bug or
something...
Wouldn't be easier it the strategy could 'tell' what type it should use...
This would be hard to implememt??

Poul