[OpenLayers-Users] getFeatureCount function?

Maribel Bernal maribel.bernal at iviron.com
Tue Mar 23 09:49:19 EDT 2010

mmm... yes, I tried with layer.features.length but always returns 0.
I explain you: based on the example of SOSClient
(http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/sos.html), I want to count how many
features obtained in the resulting layer of the GetCapabilities request:

parseSOSCaps: function(response) {
                // cache capabilities for future use
                this.SOSCapabilities =
this.capsformat.read(response.responseXML || response.responseText);

                this.layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector(\"Stations\", {
                    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed()],
                    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.SOS({
                        formatOptions: {internalProjection:
map.getProjectionObject()},
                        url: this.url,
                        fois: this.getFois()
                    })
                });
                alert('Number of FOI's: '
+this.layer.features.length);   //--->always returns 0, but on the map
appear 7 features.