[OpenLayers-Users] WFSDescribeFeatureType - how to use it???

paweluz paweluz at o2.pl
Wed Mar 24 10:10:21 EDT 2010

Hi!

I was jus wandering if anyone please tell me how to use
WFSDescribeFeatureType class. I am thinking about getting the name of the
attributes from my database. I found a lot of examples like this:

    var text =
            ' .........

            '      <extension base="gml:AbstractFeatureType">' +
            '        <sequence>' +
            '          <element name="geometry"
type="gml:MultiLineStringPropertyType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>' +
            '          <element name="SHAPE" type="string"/>' +
            '          <element name="SE_ANNO_CAD_DATA" type="string"/>' +
            '

    var parser = new OpenLayers.Format.WFSDescribeFeatureType();
    var res = parser.read(text);

Ok, this works just great, if describefeature is written in string...
I want to get the name of my attributes from DescribeFeatureType via URL.
This is my url:

http://localhost:8080/geoserver2_0_1/wfs/DescribeFeatureType?version=1.1.0&typename=topp:bazadanych

If I do something like this:
var res =
parser.read("http://localhost:8080/geoserver2_0_1/wfs/DescribeFeatureType?version=1.1.0&typename=topp:bazadanych");
of course it will not work....
What is the way to read XML via URL and add it to the WFSDescribeFeatureType
class??
Can anyone please help me??

Regards,
Poul