[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers, Geoserver and Projections.

Casper Børgesen cbo at le34.dk
Fri Mar 26 05:05:04 EDT 2010

Having looking through lots of search results from Google, it surprises me that I can't find anything describing thoroughly how to use projections in OpenLayers. So instead I hope you can lead me in the right direction :)

My situation is as follows:

1. I would like to show a map where all my coordinates (mouse position, wmsgetfeatureinfo, etc.) are displayed in EPSG:25832.

2. I would like to use base layers with different projections; Google, OSM and local mapping services.

3. I would like to use layers in different projections (primarily in EPSG:25832 though).

¤  The setup is OpenLayers 2.8 and Geoserver 2.x.

In the OpenLayer API I can see that the map uses a projection and a displayProjection, a layer uses a projection and that the mouse position uses a displayProjection. But what I am missing here, is how projections are handled/related between OpenLayers, Geoserver and WMS providers - thus I can't figure how to setup the projections and the displayProjections, and determine what I can do - and what I can't.

Regards, Casper