[OpenLayers-Users] Proxy problem in GetFeatureInfo - no solution??

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 05:19:52 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

It s strange that no one KNOWS or has provided a complete solution to the
proxy problem in Get Feature Info.

Although I have provided proper info as:
OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "http://127.0.0.1:9000/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";
and placed proxy.cgi in the cgi-bin folder, for every kind of request i.e,
INFO_FORMAT: 'application/vnd.ogc.gml' or text/plain or text/html it throws
an error from the XmlHttpRequest.js file.

The error is thrown in the line:
 this._object.open(sMethod, sUrl, bAsync, sUser, sPassword);
where sUser, sPassword is coming as undefiined.

I want Apache to proxy pass requests to mapserver or configure it in such a
way that all file formats ie plain,text,gml are available.

Thanks.