[OpenLayers-Users] GeoServer Proxy Extension OpenLayers

Piero Campa piero.campa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 05:41:24 EDT 2010

Hi guys,
I'm just asking for an explanation of the set-up of a proxy with
Geoserver/OpenLayers stack.

I installed the user friendly Geoserver Proxy Extension, then I set the
allowed hosts and MIMEtypes.
Reading this thread I learned that I have to specify the proxy in the
script:

OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/geoserver/rest/proxy?url=";

but if I do that I can't visualize WFS layers. Only the Google base-layer
map and the WMS rasters.

But uf I let OpenLayers not to know anything about this proxy, I can get all
the maps. Both on localhost and from a remote machine.
Does it make sense for you?

Thanks.
Piero