[OpenLayers-Users] Remove Geometry Point from Map

JamSquad Jordan_R_Clark at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 11:45:38 EDT 2010

Hey all!

I was wondering if there was a way to remove points from a map without
actually destroying the layer.

For example, this code removes the points so they are not visible anymore,
but it destroys the layer where the points are stored, so no more points can
be made after the fact.

function removeSelection()
{
	for(i=0;i<highLightedFeature.length;i++)
	{
		select.removeFeatures([highLightedFeature[i].feature]);
	}
	for(i=0;i<highLightedPoint.length;i++)
	{
		select.destroy([highLightedPoint[i].point]);
	}
	highLightPolyCounter = 0;
	highLightPointCounter = 0;
        document.getElementById('nodelist').innerHTML = "Items Removed";
}

(note: highLightedFeature and highLightedPoint are 2 different things
 highLightedFeature = select.addFeatures([event.feature]);
highLightedPoint =
select.addFeatures(highLightedPoint[highLightPointCounter]);)

the removeFeatures doesn't work on points.

I was just wondering if there was some function like removePoints (its not
that... I already tried heh) which would work.

Thanks!

JamSquad