[OpenLayers-Users] wfs layer

Sarah Schuessler sarah_flip at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 31 10:50:37 EDT 2010

Ok, sorry guys I had a typo,error at my code.
I can now confirm that my wfs layer is loaded but my attributestore is all time empty at IE.

var styleMap = new OpenLayers.StyleMap({
                strokeColor: "red",
                strokeWidth: 5,
                strokeOpacity: 0.5,
                fillOpacity: 0.4
        });

        var wfs2 = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS_layer",
                { styleMap: styleMap,
                 strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed()],//if I use Strategy.BBOX() I get an exception with version 1.1.0
                protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                    url: "http://myserver:81/geoserver/wfs?service=wfs",
                    featureNS: "http://geonetwork-opensource.org",
                    featureType: "myalyer",
                    geometryName: "SHAPE",
                    srsName: "EPSG:4326",
                    version: "1.1.0"

                    }),
                    //isBaseLayer: false, visibility: true,transparent: true,
                    projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326")
                });

var attributeStore = new GeoExt.data.FeatureStore({
            fields: [{name: 'BNAME', type: 'string'}],
            proxy: new GeoExt.data.ProtocolProxy({

                protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                    url: "/geoserver/wfs?service=wfs",
                    featureNS: "http://geonetwork-opensource.org",
                    featureType: "Waldbiotope",
                    geometryName: "SHAPE",
                    srsName: "EPSG:4326",//"urn:x-ogc:def:crs:EPSG:6.11.2:4326",//"EPSG:4326",//"EPSG:900913",//"EPSG:31467",
                    version: "1.1.0",
                    extractAttributes: true
                    })

            })
            , autoLoad: true
        });

Thanks.

Sarah

________________________________

Update:
my first post was only for Firefox: With IE8 I get my attributeStore but no WFS layer (a error report referencing OpenLayers/Format/XML.js line 128: object does not support this attribute or method. (line 128 is: var index = text.indexOf('<'); ) ).

Is this issue a browser one or a coding problem?

Any thoughts about that?

Thanks.
best regards
Sarah

Hi list,

I´ve noticed a strange behaviour with my wfs layer at my map:
my code is at Geoserver www directory (Geoserver 1.7.x comes with Geonetwork and is at webapps directory of my tomcat, so I have to authentificate at tomcat). After I had authentificated my wfs layer and attributestore came up, but if i refresh my map they don`t come up (only some irregular times either of them) but I get a 200 response at firebug.

If you need some code or something else let me know.

Anybody has an idea?

Thanks.
best regards
Sarah