[OpenLayers-Users] RootContainer styleMap problem- IE

mortac8 ashley_c_mort at raytheon.com
Mon May 3 23:44:36 EDT 2010

In IE 7/8 when I create a SelectFeature control and pass in an array of
layers, all of my features' styles  are lost (am using a custom StyleMap).

If I modify Control/SelectFeature:initLayer to pass the styleMap to the
RootContainer constructor, the styles will take effect if I redraw after
activating the tool.  However IE makes such a redraw operation painfully
slow.

Is there any way in IE that I can activate the SelectFeature control with an
array of layers and have my features keep their styling without an expensive
redraw of the layers?  As usual, this problem doesn't exist in other
browsers.

Ideas are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!