[OpenLayers-Users] Basic marker questions

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Tue May 4 10:34:23 EDT 2010

Hey, thanks for your response. One more question (for the moment).

> I read elsewhere that the use of Marker and Layer.Markers is effectively
>> deprecated in the OpenLayers world, in favour of Layer.Vector. Is this true?
>>
> Yes, highly recommended.

My markers are effectively just little square and round tokens. Should I
render them using the SVG abilities of Layer.Vector, or should I use a
graphics program to make them as PNG icons? I need to be able to rotate
them—does that affect anything?

Also, it seems like the coordinates of Layer.Vector are with respect to
latitude and longitude rather than the viewport—how would I make my markers
size the same independent of zoom level?

Finally, in my initial tests, it seems that the vector shapes experience a
lot of "drift" as I drag the map around. My application requires that they
be pretty precisely fixed—is there a way to crank up the precision on this?

Thanks again.