[OpenLayers-Users] Please help me configured popup GetFeatureInfo

Zuhex gmduky at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 10:50:18 EDT 2010

Hello

I am a starter of OL and GeoServer. I have tried to modify popup codes where
I get from http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/getfeatureinfo-popup.html.  My
map work very well but the popup seems  a trouble.
I have two questions for asking.
1. When I click other than a point the popup show up with a blank. I don’t
like it so I write my code like this
var info = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
            url: 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms',
            title: 'Identify features by clicking',
			layers: [herb],
			vendorParams: {"FEATURE_COUNT": "100"},
			//maxfeatures: 200,
			vendorParams: { format : 'image/png' },
			//handlerOptions: {'hover':{delay:500}},
			eventListeners: {
		    getfeatureinfo: function(event) {

				if (popup != null) {
            		popup.destroy();
		            popup = null;
        		}
				if((event.text).length != 1){
				        map.addPopup(popup = new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud(
                        "chicken",
						map.getLonLatFromPixel(event.xy),
                        null,
                        event.text,
                        null,
                        true
                    ));
				} }
            }
        });
        map.addControl(info);
        info.activate();
It still doesn’t work. I get idea from an old thread.
.: See picture if you don’t understand.
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4239/34618760.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4239/34618760.jpg

2. When I look in my map at high level, the points seem to overlap each
other. After I click on the point, the popup query all the point. I want the
top most only query. I am using WMS layer not Vector layer. Is it impossible
for WMS layer? Can anyone tell me ideas to write a code? If you don’t mind
please give me some example or explain.
Sorry for my English
.: See picture if you don’t understand.
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4038/85036773.jpg