[OpenLayers-Users] IE 8 this.size.w is null or not an object - OL 2.9

Dash jimlug at co.clackamas.or.us
Tue May 4 18:46:05 EDT 2010

Hey folks,

I'm using OpenLayers 2.9 and everything works fine except when it comes to
IE 8.  I've coded a click event to display the results from a getfeatureinfo
wms request.  The error I receive is 'this.size.w' is null or not an object,
and it refers to the OpenLayers.js build.  I've tested this with several
different builds including the OpenLayers full build and it still breaks.
However, everything works great within Mozilla, Safari and Opera.  I'm not
sure what the deal is.  Here is the line the error occurs on:

if((origTL.x+this.size.w)>(mapSize.w-this.map.paddingForPopups.right)){newTL.x=mapSize.w-this.map.paddingForPopups.right-this.size.w;}

Anyone else experience this issue?  If so, how did you resolve it?
Unfortunately, our shop is mainly using IE.  Any suggestions would be great
appreciated.

Thanks.