[OpenLayers-Users] RootContainer styleMap problem- IE

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed May 5 03:20:16 EDT 2010

Hi,

On May 5, 2010, at 04:15 , mortac8 wrote:

> It turns out my problem occurs because I am setting a custom layer.id after I
> create an OpenLayers.Layer.
>
> I guess my next question is:  Is there any way to provide your own custom ID
> when creating a layer?  If you provide it via the options object, the div
> never gets created.

The only workaround would be to do something like

var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer(...);
document.getElementById(layer.id).id = myCustomId;
layer.id = myCustomId;

The above should work, but is untested.

Regards,
Andreas.

> Andreas Hocevar-2 wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> posting an example that shows the issue would help. I suspect that your
>> StyleMap has incomplete symbolizers.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andreas.
>>
>> On May 4, 2010, at 05:55 , mortac8 wrote:
>>

>>> I forgot to add that my Point features with an externalGraphic retain
>>> their
>>> styling (no problems).  The loss of styling issue seems to only occur
>>> with
>>> Polygons, Polylines, etc.

>>> --
>>

>> --
>> Andreas Hocevar
>> OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/
>> Expert service straight from the developers.

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/