[OpenLayers-Users] doing a search with a buffer

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Sun May 9 10:17:24 EDT 2010

Hi Friends,

I want to do a search with a buffer.
My scenario is like this.
I get a structure Id from the user and using that I get the geometry of that
structure from the postgres DB.
Now I want to do a search of all structures within a radius of say 100km
from the structure selected by the user.
Is there any postgres function which will give the geometry of all features
lying within a certain radius of a feature..

Has anybody done something like this before?If yes pls share as to how you
have done it?

Thanks for your attention.