[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Format.WMC.v1 in 2.8 vs. 2.9

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Mon May 10 14:02:17 EDT 2010

There seems to be some pretty significant differences between the hierarchy
of the context that is returned after the read_wmc_Layer function is run in
OpenLayers 2.8 vs. 2.9.

In 2.8, there is actually a layer created with params and options attached.
In 2.9, there seems to be only an associative array added to a
"layersContext" object that doesn't have a layer in it at all.

Can someone point me to some documentation that discusses the changes
between the two versions? Perhaps a mapping chart to tell me where I will
find the pieces of information imported now? For example, in 2.8, a lot of
the layer's Server information was placed in the params object under
layerInfo. In our code, we needed used the Server's title attribute from our
WMCs as well, and extended the Format read to read that title attribute and
append it to the layerInfo.params object as well. Now, it's looking like I'm
just appending title to the layerContext object and I'm uncertain what other
things are found in that object. Is the layer's title already in there?

Also, how does the layer itself get created now if the Format read isn't
doing so?

Basically, 2.9 appears so completely different from 2.8, I can't get it to
work for our application anymore and am facing a pretty significant re-write
to adjust. The fact that I can't find anything in any documentation (release
notes even) that mentions that it is happening is a little frightening.