[OpenLayers-Users] ArcGIS Server tiled map cache

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Mon May 10 18:12:54 EDT 2010

Dear User-list

Can any anyone advise as to the best OpenLayers layer type to use to access an ArcGIS Server 9.3 or 9.3.1 tiled map server cache? i.e. equivalent to using the esri.layers.ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer layer type in the esri Javascript API?

I have tried both OpenLayers.Layer.WMS and OpenLayers.Layer.ArcGIS93Rest which work, but don't appear quite as fast as using the Esri version above.

There was a patch submitted some time ago: http://trac.openlayers.org/attachment/ticket/1967/ArcGISCache.patch

There is also OpenLayers. Layer.XYZ which I haven't tried.

Many thanks,

Robert Sanson