[OpenLayers-Users] WMS request timeout during zoom/pan/resize

Heiko Schröter schroete at iup.physik.uni-bremen.de
Tue May 11 04:55:37 EDT 2010

Am Dienstag 11 Mai 2010, um 10:37:30 schrieben Sie:

The gridded images are created on special request by mouse clicking a button.

But once this special WMS layer is activated it is handled the same way OpenLayer treats ordinary WMS layers. Once the image is created displaying it is no problem at all.

The generation or "gridding" routine is the expensive procedure.

I cannot see that tiling would help us because it is not the image itself which causes the problem but the generation of it.

Thanks and Regards
Heiko