[OpenLayers-Users] Center of rotation for vector features

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Tue May 11 20:16:54 EDT 2010

Hey,

I'm having an issue with specifying rotation for one of my features. It's a
point feature with a externalGraphic specified, and the center of rotation
of the feature seems to be initially set to the feature's own Point.

However, when I programmatically *move* the feature, the center of rotation
doesn't move with it, and the feature's rotation against an external center
causes it to be way off-position.

I've tried implementing the move both by updating the x and y fields
directly in the Point object itself, and also by using the Feature.move
function. Neither has the desired effect—using the Web Inspector, I can
clearly see the SVG element and the rotation is being specified in (angle,
cx, cy) form.

As a last resort, I'm willing to use external JavaScript to find the element
and manually insert the rotation which I require, but is there some way to
do it "properly" using OpenLayers' own rotation stylings?

Thanks,

Mike