[OpenLayers-Users] WMS layer redraw problem

Nathan Gerber ngerber999 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 16:26:20 EDT 2010

I have found that the most reliable way to avoid browser caching when I want
to force a redraw of a WMS layer is to do something like this:

wms_layer.mergeNewParams({'timestamp':datetime});

If you append the current timestamp to the layer each time you want to do a
redraw it will have a unique address and thus bypass browser caching. If you
do this you will not need to utilize the OpenLayers redraw function.
--
Nathan Gerber