[OpenLayers-Users] WMS layer redraw problem [FIXED]

Walter Lorenzetti lorenzetti at gis3w.it
Fri May 14 02:23:53 EDT 2010

Eric Lemoine ha scritto:
> On Wednesday, May 12, 2010, Nathan Gerber <ngerber999 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have found that the most reliable way to avoid browser caching when I want to force a redraw of a WMS layer is to do something like this:
>> wms_layer.mergeNewParams({'timestamp':datetime});
>>
>> If you append the current timestamp to the layer each time you want to do a redraw it will have a unique address and thus bypass browser caching. If you do this you will not need to utilize the OpenLayers redraw function.
>>

> redraw(true) calls mergeNewParams but uses Math.random instead of datetime.

Thank Eric and Nathan,

I found the solution... It was a my mistake: when I save the
new/modified/deleted feature vector I send the informations by
several ajax calls, but in a stupid manner I did it by async mode... so
the layer refresh at the end of all calls something happened before
database data saved!!

Sorry for my post... and thanks a lot!!

Regards
Walter

--

Walter Lorenzetti
email: lorenzetti at gis3w.it
skype: aiki74
Cell: (+39) 347-6597931  Tel+Fax: (+39) 0588 85021
Viale Giuseppe Verdi n. 24, 51016
Montecatini Terme,Pistoia
P.IVA 01686280478
Italy