[OpenLayers-Users] OL and browser cache

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Fri May 14 04:22:42 EDT 2010

Hi,

On May 12, 2010, at 17:54 , Jimmy Aumard wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to know if it's possible to control what is caching by the browser.
> It's possible to free cache (memory) of OL ? Because when I use for a long time my application firefox take 600 000 KO of memory

This can be caused by memory leaks. But in most cases it is just because a debugger (e.g. Firebug) is active when running the application. You should run your application without a debugger active, and if the memory footprint still increases, it is likely because of memory leaks (which can be in your application, but also OpenLayers is known to have some).

Regards,
Andreas.

> Thanks
>
> --