[OpenLayers-Users] Control.SelectFeature issue on FF (but not on Chrome)

Alessandro Pasotti ale.pas at tiscali.it
Fri May 21 06:33:35 EDT 2010

In data venerdì 21 maggio 2010 12:19:37, Frederic Junod ha scritto:
: > Hello,

> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Alessandro Pasotti <ale.pas at tiscali.it>
wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've discovered a strange behaviour (bug?) with FF and select control.
> >
> > Basically, it happens when you already have an active  control
> > Control.SelectFeature attached to a layer and you add a new layer with
> > its own Control.SelectFeature, on FF the control attached to the first
> > layer will cease to react to click events.
> >
> > See a live example here (test it on FF and Chrome):
> >
> > http://www.parconord.milano.it/ol_ko.html
> >
> > I don't need a workaround (I've already found one), but I would be happy
> > to understand why it happens.
> >

> > Tested on:
> > FF 3.6.3 Linux
> > Chromium
> > 5.0.389.0 (45661) Ubuntu

> Same behavior here.
> But it works when the 2 vector layers are passed to the SelectFeature
> control: new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature([vectorLayer, vectorLayer2],
> { clickout: true, hover: false });
>
> Is that what you used ?
>
> fredj

Hi,

Yes, it works if you pass both layers simultanously to the control init, but
in my project the layers were added dynamically so that was not the ideal
solution.

The workaround is to scan existing layers and pass them all every time you add
a new control.

But the question remains: why does it work fine on Chrome and fail on FF ?

Is this a bug in ol, in FF or is it just Chrome that has an odd behaviour ?

--
Alessandro Pasotti
itOpen - "Open Solutions for the Net Age"