[OpenLayers-Users] map not visible in IE - fixed

David Hine David.Hine at landandwater.com.au
Thu Apr 14 09:26:06 EDT 2011

Dear List

In a demo project I did recently I found that a custom layout that worked
well in Firefox failed in IE. While the custom toolbox and overview maps
worked fine, the map panel itself was blank in IE. It was also not possible
to use the tools in the map panel.

Some investigation by my colleague Nghia Do revealed that when a map panel
was set to 100% of the container, IE didn't render it. Giving the map panel
a size solved the problem. In our case, the solution included using the
value :fit so that the panel filled the extjs parent panel.

There are other ways including custom javascript to achieve the same end.
forcing the map panel to have an appropriate size.

This is also only one of the potential reasons why the map might not render
of course.

Cheers

David Hine