[OpenLayers-Users] Re: GetFeatureInfo map.events.register for *many* WMS layers

vrbikdan vrbikdan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 10:36:56 EDT 2011

Hi,
I haven't time and I have similar problem :(. I have six layers and I need
WMSGetFeatureInfo to get their values. Now, when is some overlaps of two
points from different layers, values only from one layer is shown. But I
need both values in one click and another values, when I click on the other
point in my map. I tried advices written in this topic, but anything works.
Second problem is, that sometimes, response of WMSGetFeatureInfo is shown
only for little while and than dissapear even I don't click anywhere else.
Here is part of my code:

infoControls2 = {
            click: new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
                url: 'http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms',
                title: 'Identify features by clicking',
                layers: [body2],
		queryVisible: true})
		};

		for (var i in infoControls2) {
            infoControls2[i].events.register("getfeatureinfo", this,
showInfo);
            map.addControl(infoControls2[i]);
        };

		function showInfo(evt) {

				$('infoDiv').innerHTML = evt.text;
		};
infoControls2.click.activate();

this part of code is six times in my code, only difference is in Layers, and
name of variable (it is messy, I know). Can you anyone help me?

Thanks for help,
Dan--