[OpenLayers-Users] Poll: Common pitfalls when using OpenLayers / what annoys you the most?

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 06:41:35 EDT 2011

Hi
I think you might want to add the callback details as well, for an example
look at the Savestratgy callback listed for the current level of
documentation.  The arguments for the callbacks are not listed

eg
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.10/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Strategy/Save-js.html
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.10/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Handler/Click-js.html

The method for deleting a web feature item can only be discovered by
reading one of the example program, even then you have to set an internal
flag to make it work.

I think openlayers is a very useful, but its documentation does let it
down somewhat.

Dave.

> Hi Roald,
>
> thanks for the feedback. I'd put your point under the following headline:
>
> "API-doc improvements (ingherited methods and properties)"
>
> OK?
>
> Best regards,
> Marc
>

> On 05.08.2011 10:58, Roald de Wit wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> One thing that bugs me every now and then is the API docs: they don't
>> show inherited properties/methods for a class. Finding out what
>> methods a class implements can be a pain.
>>
>> Cheers, Roald
>>
>> On 05/08/11 17:26, Marc Jansen wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> for my talk "Common pitfalls for users of OpenLayers" [1] at this years
>>> FOSS4G [2] I want to evaluate the parts of OpenLayers where users of