[OpenLayers-Users] faster pointtrack line drawing?

Charles Galpin cgalpin at lhsw.com
Fri Aug 5 08:17:47 EDT 2011

Yes this is simply too many points for the browser to handle. Search the list archives and you'll see this limit could be even less under certain version of IE.

I recommend using a WMS server to generate tiles/images of your tracks and this will scale. If you need to do interactive things with the points/tracks you can then retrieve your data in vector form for a smaller area and work with that.

hth
charles