[OpenLayers-Users] map.setLayerIndex weirdness

PORTER.DANIEL PORTER.DANIEL at flsenate.gov
Fri Aug 5 12:35:38 EDT 2011

setLayerIndex does work, but it is contingent on when the function is called.  We're allowing users to use a control to query a point on the map, and saving the most recent query in a vector layer.

First, I tried to set the layer index immediately after the layers were added to the map.  This didn't work.

Next, I ran the function in firebug to make sure that it did what I thought it did.  This worked: I made the vector layer foremost on the map.  This got me thinking that it was timing contingent.

To "solve" the problem, I added an "activate" event to my query control which called setLayerIndex.  This made it work.  I don't understand why this would be timing contingent, but based on my

I can post code, but I don't know what code to post ;)  If no one on the list sees an explanation for this behavior, when I get some time I'll just check out a dev version of openlayers and look at it more in-depth.

Thanks,
Daniel