[OpenLayers-Users] Re: mouseover, mouseout events for getting popups

sjonnala sj3670 at att.com
Fri Aug 5 18:20:15 EDT 2011

Hi Bernhard,
  thanks for the reply. Your suggestion seems to be useful. But before
seeing your reply, I was able to create the mouseover, mouseout
functionalities. What i did was below:

 *  mouseOver: function(evt) {

    	for(var i=0; i < ti_Markers.map.popups.length; i++) {
            ti_Markers.map.removePopup(ti_Markers.map.popups[i]);
        }

    	var anchor=(this.marker)?this.marker.icon:null;
    	popup = new
OpenLayers.Popup.Anchored("olPopupOver",this.data.latlon,null,this.data.popupContentHTML.substring(39,47),anchor,true)

        ti_Markers.map.addPopup(popup);
    	OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt);
    },

    mouseOut: function(evt) {
    	for(var i=0; i < ti_Markers.map.popups.length; i++) {
            ti_Markers.map.removePopup(ti_Markers.map.popups[i]);
*

Here for id='olPopupOver', I'm creating a seperate function to insert
ContentHtml. This is working fine except for the click. The click event
happens immediately followed by mouseout clearing all the data on the layer.
I need to fix this. Once i'm done i'll post that here.