[OpenLayers-Users] Using KML for mapping storage facility and using local positioning

Nachiket Patel nachiket at logicwind.com
Mon Aug 8 05:51:38 EDT 2011

Greetings,

I am looking for a solution where a huge storage facility can be navigated
using mouse and zoom-in reveals more details, facility items can be clicked
and information should be visible etc.

As per my understanding KML and OpenLayers can be used to achieve desired
behavior.
But after some study following things I was not able to find for KML.

   1. Is it possible to use local positioning (i.e. 0x0 to 12050cm x
   11000cm) and not used GPS based global Longitude and Latitude positions?
   2. Can I load map tiles from own server, not google map's tiles?
   3. Is there any document/sample which does similar to what I am looking
   for?
   4. Any other library/framework can be used for this requirement?

Nachiket Patel
Website: http://logicwind.com <http://www.logicwind.com>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/logicwind