AW: [OpenLayers-Users] Display geotagged photos in OpenLayers

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Wed Aug 17 06:53:38 EDT 2011

Hi,

Only a typo.

map.addLayer(sundials); or
map.addLayers([sundials]);

Good luck,

Arnd

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: openlayers-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:openlayers-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] Im Auftrag von Hendrik
Oesterlin
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. August 2011 09:10
An: Franz Buchinger
Betreff: Re: [OpenLayers-Users] Display geotagged photos in OpenLayers

"Franz Buchinger" fbuchinger at gmail.com wrote on 17/08/2011 at 00:08:40 +1100
subject "[OpenLayers-Users] Display geotagged photos in OpenLayers" :

> If you want to have more control over your popups, its better to
> create a vector layer with a passed in text format instead of a text
layer:

> var photos = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Photo Layer", {
>     strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed()],
>     protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP({
>         url: "photos.txt",
>         format: new OpenLayers.Format.Text()
>     })
> });

Thank you for this code snippet! it is a bit out of my JavaScript
knowledge...

> You can combine this layer with a featureSelect control and open a
> popup of your choice, as demonstrated in the sundials example:
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/sundials.html.

I tried to add this code to my html file here
http://www.oesterlin.ile.nc/test/20110817drv-carte.html
(only for zoom 1-10 the tiles are currently about to be uploaded to my
server for the moment, but don't mind)

The rubbish bin layer "Poubelles" is displayed fine, but the vector klm is
not displayed.

Where is the error?

> Of course, this approach sacrifices the simplicity of the text layer,
> but allows you to customize any aspect of your features and popups.

...it is this simplicity I was looking for by choosing the text layer....
but if it does not allow do modify the pop up size, it will not be suitable
to display the photos.

--
Sincerely
Hendrik Oesterlin - email hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de