[OpenLayers-Users] displaying PL/pgSQL shortest path function using openlayer

Glenn Mullett gmullett at lidwala.com
Thu Aug 18 02:37:17 EDT 2011

Hi Sushma

I have used plpgsql very successfully together with Tobin Bradley's
RESTful Web Service Framework (www.fuzzytolerance.info/projects ).
All I do is set the function to return a text data type and then format
the in-function result as a geojson string.  The geojson response can
then be directly displayed in openlayers or even loaded into a GeoExt
featuregrid.

It is also possible to use the same framework with gml instead of
geojson (but I prefer the geojson way...)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Glenn Mullett
BTech(Nature Cons) PGDip(UNIGIS)