[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Feature attribute editing/updating

killerz eoinskilleen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:58:45 EDT 2011

Hi Jean,

What I want to do is enter some text into a blank attribute field I have in
my data so it saves back to PostGIS upon updateAttributes().

Im using the mobile capabilities of openlayers with geolocation to test how
it works as a surveying tool on smartphones. So essentially i want to
attribute the point i have surveyed on the ground so when I download the
shapefile to QGIS/Arc I can select/style by attribute.

Im using OpenLayers.Strategy.Save for saving the edited geometry via a save
button (I have a points, lines and polygon layers). I am planning to trigger
the popup when a new feature is created. I presume this will save all edits
to the data including the text field. I am stuck on how to make these edits
so they can be saved. If I write text in the current text box it disappears
when i close it so it cant be saved.

I also noticed he is using on old version of openlayers however there are
not many examples of this online. If anyone has any alternative methods
(using just openlayers) id be very interested.

Thank,

Eoin