[OpenLayers-Users] How can I speed up OL features rendering with SVG2?

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Thu Aug 25 13:29:19 EDT 2011

> Everytime I make zoom I need to redraw my vector layer but I'm rendering all
> of them (2000) so it goes so slow, how can I render just the ones that are
> viewed? Or how I can speed up OL?

If your use case is such that you're only showing a small subset of
points in the viewport, maybe OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX strategy would help?

It detects when your map's extent has changed, and re-requests the
features. If your server-side program can send only features within the
stated bbox, and the download time is faster than the redrawing time,
this may be what you want.

--
Greg Allensworth, Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org