[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Map Destroy Call generating error

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Aug 25 16:46:28 EDT 2011

I realize this is a very old thread, but I just experienced the same problem
described here and thought I'd add some info in case anyone else stumbles
across it. For me, the null pointer exception in stopObservingElement was
caused because I was removing the layer from the map myself before
destroying it:

I didn't realize the layer.destroy() would take care of the layer's removal
from the map for me. Once I removed the map.removeLayer(layer) line,
everything worked fine.

Cheers,
jtm