[OpenLayers-Users] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: adding KML file

vrbikdan vrbikdan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 10:25:52 EST 2011

Sarah Schuessler <sarah_flip at ...> writes:

> Hi,if you use a overlay layer with epsg 4326 and base layer(google) with epsg
900913 you have to transform or projection (proj4) client side.You don´t use
spericalMercator: true at the moment.HTHSarah

So I don't use sphericalMercator: true, so I thing that base layer hasn't
projection spherical Mercator. So it could be WGS84. Now, there is kml
file with WGS84 but lines aren't at place, where it should be. Why? I'm
using the same projections, so it should be at right place or not? Ok, I can
suppose, that I'm using bad projection and base layer has spherical mercator
even I haven't written in my code 'sphericalMercator': true. It could be
problem, but I tried fetch kml file with spherical mercator and it looks
the same. Lines doesn't fit on base layer. Even If I use kml file with
absolutely wrong projection like SJTSK (it is for the Czech republic only)
it looks the same.

I tried to use sphericalMercator: true but in that case I have center of map
somewhere in Gulf of Guinea and I can't pan. I don't know, what I should do,
because I thought that if I have kml file with the same projection as base
layer, it will be ok.