[OpenLayers-Users] openlayers 2.8: hard limit of 45 layers: add a 46th and 47th layer, the 1st and 2nd layers will no longer work.

manel.clos at ajgirona.cat manel.clos at ajgirona.cat
Wed Feb 16 02:44:02 EST 2011

Hi John,

Try this:

// HACK, OL layers limit
map.Z_INDEX_BASE.Overlay = 400;

... and see the implications:
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#WhatisthemaximumamountoflayersIcanhaveinmyOpenLayersMap

De: openlayers-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [openlayers-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] En nom de John Mitchell [mitchelljj98 at gmail.com]
Enviat el: dimarts, 15 / febrer / 2011 22:50
Per a: openlayers-users at lists.osgeo.org
Tema: [OpenLayers-Users] openlayers 2.8: hard limit of 45 layers: add a 46th and 47th layer, the 1st and 2nd layers will no longer work.

Hi,

I have the following problem with openlayers version 2.8:

This problem seems to be due to a hard limit of 45 layers. As you go past this limit, the first layers in the list start to not work. They will still be in the list but trying to turn them on does nothing. Eg, if you add a 46th and 47th layer, the 1st and 2nd layers will no longer work.

Does anyone have any ideas why I seem to have this hard limit of 45 layers?  Will upgrading to the latest stable version of 2.10 openlayers allow more layers than 45 to be on the layer list without first layers disappearing?

Thanks,

John

--
John J. Mitchell