[OpenLayers-Users] Re: adding KML file

vrbikdan vrbikdan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 05:21:02 EST 2011

> Web security issues make it increasingly difficult to create a "web
> application" that ISNT a web application. Ie with local files. And even
> harder to mix web content with non-web content. I investigated this very
> thoroughly when looking at a means to provide an OS-neutral browser to a
> 1TB datapack. It is extremely difficult and just not possible with
> Chrome. Oddly enough, using a web server works much better when doing a
> web application! However, on a web server, KML becomes a poor choice and
> JS doesnt have the grunt to handle big datafiles.

At the end I talked with my supervisor and I will use Geoserver and
localhost8080 cause of my data. In fact 60% of my data lend me some companies
only for this thesis so it is problem with publishing it. And it will be
easiest solution I think (but I haven't any experience with this). So
thank you really much for bringing me on this idea and for your help ;)
Dan