[OpenLayers-Users] Buffering a line feature

Frederick Löbig frederick.loebig at live.de
Sat Feb 19 06:48:23 EST 2011

Hi List,
first I want to thank everybody here for doing such a great job helping each other. I really did learn a lot from this list and also try to help others where it's possible.
I know that it is possible to generate a temporarily buffer around a point and that I can keep it's radius static by using the getMapResolution command. But: Is the same thing possible with a line-feature? The Background is, that I have s network  of lines loaded as a layer to openlayers. I now want to put a button somewhere and a textfield where I can enter the radius and a buffer with that radius will be generated around the segments of the network on click, so I can see wich other features (from WMS, so no direct intersection is possible) are within a certain distance from the line itself...
I hove you understand what I mean :)
Best,Freddy

Frederick Löbig
Röderichstraße 59
60489 Frankfurt am Main
---
E:: Frederick.Loebig at grunsnid.de
P: +49 (0) 69 - 78 99 52 41
M: +49 (0) 174 - 70 89 296
---
Office:
euNetworks GmbH
Ludwig-Landmann-Straße 40560486 Frankfurt am MainP: +49 (0) 69 - 90 554 - 532
E: Frederick.Loebig at eunetworks.com
S: floebig

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the email without reading it and notify the sender.